The Great Hunter
Martin is now an outdoor cat.
My Mom was here to visit - we were standing in the kitchen talking, and suddenly Doug looks at me and says: "I think that we should let Martin outside"....as he holds the door open and the cat darts into freedom.
And as I stood there with my mouth hanging open and Doug grinning from ear to ear.....that was the end of the discussion.
Martin is now an outdoor cat.
He is a VERY happy cat. Pretty much he sleeps in our bed, lounges on our furniture when he feels like it, has a warm house to sleep in, but gets to run and exercise and hunt outside every day.
From what we can tell he is on a one-chipmunk-a-day diet. We find the mutilated remnants all over the place on our porch and drive-way. It is a regular Rodent house of horrors when you step outside our house.
And as happy as Martin is, I am a little less than impressed with the "gifts" he leaves for me. I'll write more about that another time, but trust me, it has NOT been pleasant.
My Mom was here to visit - we were standing in the kitchen talking, and suddenly Doug looks at me and says: "I think that we should let Martin outside"....as he holds the door open and the cat darts into freedom.
And as I stood there with my mouth hanging open and Doug grinning from ear to ear.....that was the end of the discussion.
Martin is now an outdoor cat.
He is a VERY happy cat. Pretty much he sleeps in our bed, lounges on our furniture when he feels like it, has a warm house to sleep in, but gets to run and exercise and hunt outside every day.
From what we can tell he is on a one-chipmunk-a-day diet. We find the mutilated remnants all over the place on our porch and drive-way. It is a regular Rodent house of horrors when you step outside our house.
And as happy as Martin is, I am a little less than impressed with the "gifts" he leaves for me. I'll write more about that another time, but trust me, it has NOT been pleasant.
001.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment